Organization: PHASE Nepal
PHASE Nepal is a not for profit NGO that works on health, education and livelihood projects in remote Himalayan communities. We are currently seeking qualified and energetic professionals for Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC) and the University of Sheffield funded GCRF NGO Secondary Data Analysis Research Project: “Determinants of health in rural Nepal: Utilizing PHASE Nepal data to investigate social inequalities in health and health care amongst under-5s.” The research project’s objective is to create a new academic knowledge on the relationship between various forms of inequalities for major determinants of health, utilization of health care services, and treatment adherence in common childhood illness.
The overall purpose of following positions is to compile, digitize and analyze existing paper based patient records of Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness (IMNCI) to generate an important new digitized dataset (over the last 5years) from 25 PHASE working health centres in Humla, Mugu, Bajura, Sindhupalchok and Gorkha districts of Nepal. This will help the Research Department at PHASE Nepal to pursue further research questions and address a series of research questions related to uses of health services based on Nepal’s various socio economic and geographical diversities. PHASE Nepal is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following position:
Position: Data Entry Person
Duty Station: Central Office, Kathmandu (If required: Visit to PHASE Nepal’s Project Districts) Required Number: 12 (Twelve) Duration: 4 months Job Description
The Data entry person will play a key role and will be responsible for digitizing overall research data provided by Research officers from the primary source. S/he must take pro-active role in digitizing data, coordinating and supporting Research officers and Research department of PHASE Nepal for developing strong database system for research. Shortlisted candidates for the position will only be communicated after the recruitment of Statistician & Research officers. Following are the key job related requirements for the position but are not limited to: • Compile, organize the original data from the field
• Enter field data in provided format.
• Maintain and update database in given format
• Verify and balance data by making regular reviews of data for accuracy
• Check source documents for complete accuracy
• Make recommendations to supervisor for effectiveness in work
• Responsible for maintaining and updating database in given format
• Responsible for ensuring reliability of entered data.
• Ensure all data and corresponding documentation is stored safe.
• Transcribe information into required format
• Support Research leads of PHASE Nepal in data processing and management Required Qualifications and skills • Bachelors in Public health, Development studies, statistics
• Experience in public health research (preferably in IMNCI or Maternal & Child health)
• Good command over digital data entry tool (KOBO, CSPro, ODK etc.)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Excellent Typing and data entry speed
• Strong problem-solving and attention to detail
• High quality communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to meet urgent deadlines
Salary and benefits: Upto NPR 35,000/-(Gross) per month depending upon the qualification, skill and experiences.
We offer Provident Fund (10% of Basic Salary), Gratuity (8.33% of Basic Salary), Festival Allowances (Pro-rata basis), Food and Field Allowances (in accordance with the remoteness of the workstation). We also enroll all our staff in Medical Insurance worth Rs. 2,00,000 (Two Lakh Only) along with dependent (Spouse, 3 children or Parents) and Accidental Insurance worth Rs. 20,00,000 (Twenty Lakh Only) Last date to apply: 26th October 2019.
Interested candidates meeting above-mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 26th Oct 2019. Please apply only if you meet the required criteria and clearly mention which position you are applying for. PHASE Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities or living with disability are strongly encouraged to apply. PHASE reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.