Organization: VSO Nepal
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Position: Consultant – Admin and Logistics
Location: Siraha, Sarlahi and Rautahat, Nepal Competitive Consultant Agreement: 3 months Job Type: Full Time, 38 hours per week Role Overview:
consultant will support and oversee all procurement activities and other operational responsibilities (Inventory, Logistics including fleet management) for the flood response intervention Skills, Qualifications and Experience: • At least Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• At least 2 years of demonstrated working experience in the field of procurement and logistic function (Prior experience in Recovery and Response preferred)
• Having knowledge of procurement control procedures, inventory management and relief distribution including supply chain management
• Good level of computer skills (Windows, Power Point, Word, Outlook, and Internet)
• Strong verbal and oral communication skills in English and local languages preferable
• Able to travel in country and spend time away from work- base location
Equal Opportunities • VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
• VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications. Application closing date: 24 Jul 2019 Interview/Assessment date(s): Soon as possible Start date: Soon as possible