Organization: Community and Rural Development Society Nepal
Community and Rural Development Society Nepal (CARDSN) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization working in Nuwakot and Rasuwa districts of Nepal since two decades. CARDSN/OXFAM Partnership Program is a ‘’PURNIMA Project’’ for Earthquake affected people of different RMs of Nuwakot. The program requires human resources for following positions:
Position: Public Health Engineer
Duty Station : Battar with frequent field visit to Dupcheswor, Tadi, Kispang and Shivapuri Rural Municipality
Job Purpose : Provide leadership to CARDSN/PURNIMA team including planning, implementation, and monitoring of WaSH program. Coordinate with district level stakeholders to raise profile of PURNIMA WaSH program. Coordinate with Oxfam to ensure WaSH program fits with-in the overall goal of PURNIMA program. Duration: 31st March 2020 Reporting Lines: Post holder reports to: Senior Wash Engineer/Program Coordinator Staff reporting to this post: PHE Assistant Key Responsibilities:
• Survey design and estimation of the potential schemes
• Undertake regular project visits to monitor and support programme.
• Implementation of the schemes and manage PHE Assistant (75 % in filed during project implementation)
• Responsible for implementation of 50 % of project during implementation
• Provide support and management oversight to water users committee with the aim of achieving the objectives of the programme.
• Manage all WASH programme related documentation and correspondence, respond to programme related queries and secure programme documents are adequately filed and stored for future requirements such as evaluations and audits.
• Prepare narrative, technical and financial reports and submit as required by Oxfam on time.
• Initiate innovations on technical, financial and institutional aspect of WaSH program.
• Ensure improved accountability of local government in WaSH program through cost sharing.
• Support staff in technical, financial, logistic, human resources management for quality program implementation through training and coaching.
• Lead to support staff to ensure finance and technical report are prepared with high quality and within deadline.
• Design and implement capacity building of WaSH team in technical, financial, logistic, project management for quality program implementation through training coaching, mentoring, shadowing, OJT etc.
• Ensure projects are planned and implemented as PURNIMA compliance requirements.
• Ensure project are designed in consideration of gender analysis and Prepare gender responsive WaSH.
• Monitor budget vs actual and take remedial measures.
• Ensure value for money in all stages of project cycle.
• Ensure coordination with local government in WaSH program planning, implementation and resource sharing.
• Support Senior Engineer to support water user’s committee for sustainability of water supply systems (WUC registration, water tariff setting, VMW assign)
• Support Senior Engineer for assessment of WSS, Design and Estimation, prepare design summary reports following national and PURNIMA guidelines and practices with high quality deliverable.
• Support Senior Engineer to manage program team (PHE Assistant, Water technical). Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge Essential : • Bachelor in Civil Engineering with minimum of 2-year experience in program planning, development and implementation in WaSH
• Strong water, sanitation and hygiene conceptual, analytical and planning skills.
• Strong on Design and Estimation of rural water supply system (Gravity, Lift both solar and electric, community and yard connection) with application of software and report preparation.
• Experience in Capacity building of both technical and non-technical staff.
• Understanding of water and sanitation need of women, disable, children and elderly population
• experience in working with local government, rural communities and WUCs.
• Willingness to travel in the remote areas on regular basis.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in written and verbal English.
• Good writing skills to produce professional documents Last date to apply: 24 October 2019
Note: Applicants should clearly mention the applied position and program in the email subject. All email applications without clearly mentioned position will be disqualified.
Please send your updated resume with cover letter to [email protected] or drop your credentials in the below address by 24:00 hrs, Oct 24, 2019 Office Address: Community & Rural Development Society Nepal (CARDSN) Bidur-4, Battar Nuwakot (In front of Hotel Satanchuli Nuwakot) Tel: 010-560437